Royal Belgian Bridge Federation
Fédération Royale Belge de Bridge
Koninklijke Belgische Bridge Federatie
National Senior Trials
By registering to these national trials, each player who will be qualified commits himself:
- to represent Belgium in the forthcoming 55th European national team championship (17 to 27 June 2020)
- to show sportsmanship and a personal behavior at the table as required for such competition
- and obviously, to produce the best possible quality of play during these events
All qualified players will have the obligation to sign the EBL Competitor’s commitment form.
All decisions concerning or related to this contest will be taken by the Director of National Competitions (so called the “DNC” in this document) in his sole discretion.
In 2017 the World Bridge Federation's Executive Council began to raise the age requirement for Senior players to 65 over an 8 years period in accordance with the following schedule:
- Born in 1957 or earlier for the championship in 2018
- Born in 1958 or earlier for the championships in 2019 and 2020
- Born in 1959 or earlier for the championships in 2021 and 2022
- Born in 1960 or earlier for the championships in 2023 and 2024
- Born in 1961 or earlier for the championships in 2025 and 2026
The registration will be by pair. A registration form will be available on the RBBF web site.
The deadline for registration is 15th of December 2019.
A maximum of eight pairs will be admitted playing the trials.
If more pairs have been registered, eight pairs will be selected by the DNC.
The trials will be played during the week-ends of 8/9 February and 15/16 February.
The contest rules will depend on the number of participants and will be published mid-December.
There will be an event fee of 100€ per player.
The fee must be paid on RBBF account BE26 2100 2112 4329 no later than 15th of January 2020.
If payment is not received by this date, the registration will not be considered.
RBBF will pay the registration of the team to the EBL and will also pay travel expenses as well as living expenses (max 100€/day for living expenses including hotel). The RBBF will take care of the travel and hotel reservation.